7th Sea Campaign

Chat logs and other postings related to the 7th Sea Roleplaying Campaign.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Whiskar Plum (by Breck Bailey)

Whiskar Plum
I first met this man hiding on my ship. He insists he was testing the security, but I know a stowaway when I see one. He seemed like a scoundrel to me and I was convinced he was there to do some mischief. Whiskar is large and … big. That’s really all one remembers about him at first. After a brief interview I realized that he wanted to be part of the crew. I don’t have much in the way of boarders and this man was big, as I said before. I told him I’d check around, ask about him and get back to him. At this, he disappeared.

His family are barrel makers from Cardican. Actually, as I’ve heard said, they don’t really make barrels. That would be interesting. They make the metal rings that go AROUND barrels. That is pretty boring. The picture I was getting of Whiskar (around town) is that he’s always up in people’s business. He drives people crazy with it. They scoff at him or groan if you mention his name. He’s wants to get out of Cardican and away from the boring family business. I think he wants the life of an adventurer but he’s got this way of messing things up for himself. Despite that, he comes out okay on the other end of the mess. It’s impossible, but I’ve seen it. I rather like that. He’s very good at tailing people, as he’s tailed me in recent days and I’d no idea. Not sure if I like that or not but we have on occasion needed one more person who can do it.

I was dead set against hiring him, but he’s like a fungus. He sort of grows on you when you’re not paying attention. Before you know it, he’s seems like he’s always been there. He’s nice, and tries very hard to be helpful, if only to prove he can do something effectively, and amazingly polite for such a large man. I find myself liking him very much, even if he’ll most likely get us into the most horrendous sort of messes in the future. I can almost see it coming. It should be fun and very much what we’re used to. So, far as I'm concerned, he’s hired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home